Saturday, March 6, 2010

Playing ketchup, or is it catsup....hmmm catch up, yeah thats it!

Okay, so I am not much of a blogger. I suppose posting on a more consistent basis would be preferable...but if no one is following....what can it hurt?

DT is working on a new tune right now. It is the first tune to come out of the new Distant Towers studio south. It wasn't totally recorded there, only parts. But the initial ideas were done there and we worked out the final structure in our last jam session as well as laying down some scratch guitars and final bass tracks.

The song will be called Hello and we hope to have it finished in the next couple of weeks, or sooner. This one is a bit unusual in that I (Tony) am doing the lead vocals. I also wrote the lyrics. It stemmed from an idea that I had on acoustic guitar with a simple melody. Tom encouraged me to develop it and gave me some pointers along the way. While he worked on Soft as a Stone, I was developing Hello. Once the final song structure was arrived at, Tom decided to dust off his guitar and lay down the lead on this one. Actually there wasn't a ton of dust on his guitar as he added some really cool guitar swells at the mid point of Soft as a Stone. So that rounds out the unusual aspects of this latest, almost done tune.

I will post here as soon as the song is available at the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment